Ciudadanía Solidaria – Project Creation of a vegetable garden and for school Number 4467 in Pluma de Pato, department Rivadavia, Salta province, Argentina.
* To create a vegetable garden and provide for the necessary equipment to be able to do so.
* To build a tool shed.
* To create the connections for the necessary water supply.
* The education of students and teaching staff through various workshops organised by Ciudadanía Solidaria.
The expected results:
* Availability of fresh produce for better nutrition of the school population, which should also lead to an increased student performance.
* The improvement of current and future living conditions.
* Heightened problem awareness through development of skills.
* Incorporation of positive values for life; increased motivation and readiness to preserve, improve and sustain quality of life.
Ciudadanía Solidaria is a non-profit organisation founded in 2010. Their primary activities consist of managing and implementing of projects, mostly at schools that lack/show gaps in their basic needs and/or education.
This project has already been proven successful in various schools in the past and won an international award from the renowned Austrian organisation The Energy Globe Foundation in 2010 and the recommendation from the BBC that it can be implemented in any part of the world.
Investment: the amount requested will be used to acquire construction materials (e.g. bricks, cement, sand and wires/cables) and materials required for the maintenance, like for example hoses, tanks, buckets and shovels.
The requested amount: €5,000.-