The Stichting Solidariteit Nederland-Argentinië (Fundación) processes information and other data in accordance with the current applicable European Union (EU) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
1. Definition of Personal Data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person;
2. Definition of Processing
Processing in the sense of processing of personal data, means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
The controller responsible for processing data is the Fundación, domiciled in De Werf 6, 2941AZ Lekkerkerk, Netherlands and registered in the trade register of the Haaglanden Chamber of Commerce under number 27253466. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have. For this, please contact our privacy officer by email at email@example.com.
5. What data does the Fundación process?
The ‘x’ in the following table indicates the type of personal data that the Fundación collects for all different actors: Beneficiaries, Sponsors, Participants in our events and Donors, Users that access our website and the data we collect from our Volunteers.
|Data type||Beneficiaries||Sponsors||Participants or Donors||Users||Volunteers|
|Date of birth||x|
|Place of birth||x|
|Registration number (Chamber of commerce)||x|
6. How do we collect your personal data?
You directly provide the Fundación with most of the data we collect. The personal information you provide is always done in a positive and affirmative manner. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online and attend to any of our fundraising events.
- Sign up to our Newsletter, follow us and engage with our social media platforms.
- Submit a completed beneficiary form.
- Complete a survey or provide feedback in print, online platforms or via email.
- Join the Fundación as a volunteer, by submitting a Volunteer Form.
- Donate funds or other support to the Fundación.
The Fundación may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- On our website we only have links to mark “Like” on our profiles on Facebook and Twitter, but this does not imply any type of direct contact with the user (as this is processed by the social media provider).
- Our organization has profiles and uses the following social media for communications: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin, YouTube, Mailchimp, CookPad, Eventbrite and GoFundMe.
- As the users of any social media, we only have access to information such as the names and nicknames of the people who use these social platforms. All the privacy policies in these cases are regulated by the social media providers.
7. How do we store your data?
- The Fundación has taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorised or unlawful processing as well as deliberate loss, destruction or damage.
- Storage Cloud Services: The Fundación securely stores your data through a secured cloud service (Google Drive).
- Emails: The Fundación stores your email communications through a secured webmail storage service from our local internet provider (PC Extreme).
- Links: The Fundación website, newsletters, emails and social media platforms include a number of links to other organisations’ websites and social media profiles. The Fundación is not responsible for the way in which these parties process personal data. For this, you can read the privacy statement of the organisation concerned.
8. Why do we process this personal data?
We need certain personal data to successfully support and improve the mission of the Fundación, by contacting beneficiaries, sponsors, participants, donors, users, and volunteers, following up on funding requests and support of approved projects and to organise fundraising events.
For instance when you register for an event or contact us to request information to apply for funding for a potential project with the Fundación, there is certain personal data that needs to be recorded so that we can provide services (see Section 5 above). This also applies to signing up for a newsletter, making a donation, expressing an interest in our events or connecting with the Fundación for any other reason.
We process personal data for the following specific purposes:
You can register during our events, through our website or by sending an email to receive news and updates on the work achieved by the Fundación. The newsletters contain also information about fundraising activities, approved projects and/or planned fundraising events. If you no longer wish to receive a newsletter, you can unsubscribe in any email via our provider Mailchimp or contacting us.
Sponsorships and Donations
If you make a financial contribution, as donor or sponsor, to the Fundación and/or supported projects, the Fundación collects contact details, such as name or company name, address, telephone number, email address, and bank details (see Section 5 above). This is done in order to maintain contact with everyone and provide relevant information. During a fundraising event, attendees are invited to make contributions, and they can do this with a debit card by pin to the Fundación’s Bank Account. Through this transfer, we do have access to data such as: Person’s name; IBAN number; Time of purchase; Amount paid for the purchase. Our organization does not make any kind of use of this information.
When people participate in our fundraising events, they either contribute by purchasing an entrance ticket and/or they have the option to donate through our provider Eventbrite. This means that all the personal information is directly processed and administered by Eventbrite. However we do have access to peoples names and email (see Section 5 above). In this respect the Fundación keeps an updated list of people who have registered and attended through Eventbrite.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. Currently our website does not make use of any type of cookies, nor it has access to these.
9. Your Data Protection Rights
The Fundación would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. The GDPR entitles every user to the following rights:
- Information and access: You can obtain information at no charge about your data that is processed by the Fundación.
- Right to rectification: If you believe that we have inaccurate information about you, you can arrange to have your data changed by notifying us about this.
- Right to be forgotten: You are also permitted to ask us to erase your data from our database. However, you must realise that we cannot always comply. For example, if you are or have been a beneficiary, sponsor, donor or volunteer, we are required to retain agreements for several years. Of course, if we cannot honour your request, we will notify you as to the reasons why.
- Right to restriction of processing: If you believe that we are processing your personal data unlawfully or improperly, you can also have this processing restricted. We will handle any of the above requests to consult, adapt, restrict or delete personal data and you will be notified about the action taken in response at the latest within a month of receiving your request.
- Right to object: If you wish to object to the (continued) processing of your personal data, you can contact us. The Fundación will handle your objection, at the latest within one month, and will delete any relevant personal data, unless we are obliged to retain it as a result of a statutory obligation. If this is the case, we will notify you of this.
11. How to contact us
12. How to contact the appropriate authority
If you found the information provided by the Fundación hereby insufficient, or you would like to report a complaint, please contact:
Dutch Data Protection Authority (Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens).
Telephone number: (+31) – (0)70 – 888 85 00
Address: Bezuidenhoutseweg 30, 2594 AV Den Haag